Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hey remember that Contest?

Well I have Finally Decided to end it!

... Wait you forgot to hand it in...

Well, If you want to you can submit an article to me ANYTIME! Yup If it is good enough I may let you become an author on this blog along side myself and Rooster5man... Oh I didn't tell you who won yet did I? Well It's our Very Own Rooster5man! He did one of his very clever and explanatory reveiws on on of my decks that I did on CTV, he even went far enough to create a deck list of it!

Rooster5man, PM on Chaotic with your Email that you use to make an account here on Blog spot and I'll add you to the Author list!

Here is the Article that he submitted.

===================================
Heat of the Desert(by Kerberos)

123
45
6

1) Owayki/Phoenix Belt
2) Iflar/Warriors of Owayki
3) Owayki/Phoenix Belt
4) Xelfe/Mipedian Balladeers' Flute
5) Xelfe/Mipedian Balladeers' Flute
6) Headmaster Ankhyja, Seeker of the Arts(OR Prince Mudeenu Champion of the Guard)/Bi-Mowercycle

After hearing Kerb's (LONG) explanation on BattleGear and Creatures, I'd have to say he made very good choices of having Phoenix Belt on Owayki, and since he's Sacrificing Gear, even if he doesn't have a Bodal's Arsenal, Owayki's Power will go to Iflar anyway. And besides that, Kerb mentioned something I didn't even know till now: It's "Mipedians you Control," not just the Equipped Creature! Makes it great for any kind of extra-Mugic Counters Army. And besides that, it's flipped facedown at the end of Combat, but there's still the possibility of an Ozlai's Wreck since Headmaster's "Untargetable" doesn't cover your Creature's BattleGear(unless I'm mistaken). Still, a very rare occurance.

Then you have 8 counters as Hybrid, and then Range on Headmaster for Defending the Xelfe's(even though he has low Energy). It's still pretty awesome. Great choices of Creatures and BattleGear.

Song of Shelter x2
Melody of Mirage x2
Strain of Expensive Delusions
Fanfare of the Vanishing

Again, even listening to Kerb's long speech, I liked these Mugic before he explained them. Why, you ask? Well, it's Mugic from BEFORE the Invasion, you don't see that anymore, Melody of Mirage is always a great one(even though the OverWorld now has Symphony of Shielding), Strain of Expensive Delusions can always get rid of a pesky Mirage(AKA Mipedim Mirage) and Fanfare of the Vanishing gives you Strike 15 for ONE Counter! Very good Mugic, you don't even need to double-check them!

Turbulence Funnel x2
Velocitrap x2
Poison Steam x2
Meditative Leap x2
Obscuring Winds x2
Synaptic Acceleration x2
Airsault x2
Academy Strike x2
Atmosfear x2
Poison Sphere x2

Great attacks. I like the idea of recycling through your Attack Deck for better attacks, really good choice, AND you get to do 10 base damage while you're at it! You can always skip the 100 Speed boost with Obscuring Winds if you've already used it once, which is also a great choice. The only Attack I don't really like is Poison Steam, but you can always skip it with the 4 Attack Recyclers.

Broken Edge x2
Mipedim Lounge x2
Mipedim Mirage x2
Mipedim Oasis x2
Mipedim Valley x2

I also like the Valley(and nice choice of all Mipedim Locations, haha). There could be a downside with Lounge, but there's always the risk that you could get 10 additional damage too, so why not? You could always play Strain to get rid of it(with the risk of destroying your own BattleGear). Very good Locations.

As always, Kerb has a lot of Originality to what kind of Army to make, he always finds great Combos to use(that Warriors of Owayki might be tough to beat, unless there's a Discord of Disarming. Even so, he's got a lot of Strike to watch out for).

I give it a 10/10. There's nothing he hasn't thought of that could make this Army beat, even with the downside of the Lounge (which might not even be drawn at all!).


--Rooster5man

6 comments:

  1. it does sound like a good deck. but i always liked 2x makanaz, 2x ivelaan, mhein and stelgar viciuos mutation with a mandiblor crown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to add that I love this new cite!!!!! I use to always get on Chaotic insider, but never checked this one out... and I'm so glad I did! i have been posting a lot, and I'm sorry if they drag on, but I was excited about the cite! The only thing is I only switched over right after the contest, so i didn't get a chance to do it. But I am looking forward to another one, if another one comes up. Oh and by the way, since I am new, I have no idea which posts are the best yet, so if anyone can give me adnice on some good posts, please do!

    PS: kerb... thank you so much for the new cite! Oh and if you have any post you think i should read, please tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... i was just kinda thinking and this awesome, and i mean awesome idea came into my mind... ok, so u have ursis, 2x ivelaan, a tarin, and a fluidmorpher of some kind. ursis is equiped with gigantrooper, the fluidmorpher is equiped with heptadds crown, and has 4 MC, the rest don't matter. both the ivelaans are in the discard pile, so mandiblors gain 2x25(50)in all disciplines. you playsong of encompasing to make your creatures count as mandiblors. tarin boosts ursis' energy from 80 to 90e. Ursis is now a mandiblor, so his 70 disciplines rise to 120, in all of them(50 was added from ivelaans).The fluidmorpher uses his last 3 MC to play swartborn battlesong so that target creature, ursis, gains energy equal to his lowest discipline, so 90e + 120e= a whopping 210 energy. and if the location, mentioned in one of the blogs, (name forgoten), the location where creatures with earth are dealt 20 or more damage deal 20 damage instead. this would make Ursis have 120 in all disciplines, 210 energy, and can only be dealt 20 damage at a time! but whats the chance that all that will turn out like that?! and it only lasts for 1 turn.

    But.... wouldn't that turn be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO WAY! Wow, Kerb, this just made my day(and possibly my whole week, considering I've got Midterms!) I'm really glad you chose me, I won't let you down ;). And of course I won't turn down the offer! Now I've got two Blogs to write for, and if I'm ever absent for writing on Danian Hall, I can go and write here! This just made my day...Thanks, Kerb ;).

    Even looking back on my Review, it's always good to see a past work of mine...I barely remember writing it, but I'd say pretty much the same thing I did.

    Again, thanks so much for letting me write alongside you.

    Good luck to anyone wanting to work alongside Ker-I mean us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had finals 2 weeks ago, and i got a 100% on my algebra II final! I feel like such a nerd.

    ReplyDelete