Thursday, September 10, 2009

SL : Alliances Unravelled -Review- Part one

Alight Hey everyone! Now Last time I review FUn via video and that worked out well, but I got some feed back and some people like the text a LOT better, so for this set I shall review by text again. So this time I am going to review the Overworlders! BTW I have a new rating System so Pay attention here, I = individuality, U = Usefulness, D = Durability, O = Overall

-Afjak-


80
40
65
30
30

Alright, so the first is also the first PAST creature! Now Afjak has some interesting applications... For example he can sacrifice him self once he has spent all of his counters to get another counter on him, this guys works get with cards like Gorram.

`Support'
I 4
U 8
D 8.5
O 8

Arrthoa Captain of the Ezoa



70
45
70
60
50

This guy has some potential with some disiplineers! I mean "cant fail stat check"!?! That is pretty self explainitory Right there!! Those Directed Bravery's will now deal FULL damge every time even if all of your stats are at 5!! This guy is mostly support however because even though his stats are nice, you don't really want to lose this guy

'Support'
I 6
U 7
d 8.5
O 7.5

Blazier Citadel Cartographer



70
40
60
40
40

This is the first creature I will reveiw with expend... And boy does it rock!!! I mean come on, each and every urn look at you location deck! for ,no cost! simply lose Earth. This gives a LOT of creatures unlimited ammo! My friend put it quite nicely, "Which would you rather have a machine gun with one clip or a bolt action rifle with as many shots as you need?"

'Support'
I 5
U 8
D8.5
O 8

Dalgad



50
70
75
40
60

Dalgad is pretty sweet, he is one of very few creatures to have PURE fire and water So this makes him invaluable in decks with Fire/water attacks. Then his ability increases damage if he attacks with an elemental attacks, he doesnt eve have to have the element!

'Combat'
I 8
U7.5
D7
O 7.5

Donmar Tablet Translator



60
40
75
30
45

A very nice , basic abilty. Heal ten damage once every turn, this can be nice or not so nice. Nice because as with ANY vexpend ability you have unlimited ammo! But only one per turn... So it is really up to what you preffer!

'Support'
I 5
U 7.5
D 7.5
O 6.5

Eremia



70
60
65
45
60

If you have been in ANY recent contact with me and you got me on the the topic of AU, you will know that I LOVE this card, she has recently been the featured Soldier, so just look to the side bar for her review.

I 7
U 9.5
D 9.5
O9.5!

Herken


60
25
75
30
50


Herken can be pretty awesome, especially if you play a water deck, heal 20 damage... not much else to say is there? Cept... Meh


I 4.5
U 6.5
D 7
O 5.5

Hune Canin



60
50
75
30
35

This guy just looks awesome! and he works flawlessly against ANY stat lowering Deck such as Gan'trak decks! and again once every turn !!!

I 5
U 8
D 8.5
O 7.5

Illiar



70
40
80
60
55

This guy ROCKS! I mean 99% of decks use 2 BP cards! And usually they deal 20 -30 damage! so negating that damage is AWESOME! And he has 2 MC!! Very Overpowered I say ._.

I 9
U 8.5
D 8.5
O 8.5

Iparu, Metalic Ally



50
50
50
50
50

This guy is teh BOMB! He copies ANY creature on your oppoents side! So what if they have an Iparu MA? Can you copy your own creatures?? Food for thought! Alone though In a 1v1 he is not so good though as you are FORCED to copy them...

I 5.5
U 9
D 7.5
O 8

Korg



60
35
70
25
35

I like this guys ability because it has a very unique concept, and don't get me wrong it can be VERY handy, but not usually in and OW deck, more likely in a composting Danian deck.

I 4.5
U 6.5
D 6
O 5.5

Lomma, Desert Wanderer



80
45
75
45
60

I really like Lomma this time around, mind you I liked her last time too, but this time she is WAY better. 2 MC higher CRG (no?) and Energy plus a sick ability! Like a watered down Adaptave progression!

I 8.5
U 8
D 9
O 8.5

Maglax, Lodestone Seeker



75
60
40
40
40

Meh ._. I like his ability, but for him to HAVE to be engaged to do that...

I 6.5
U 3.5
D 4.5
O5

Najarin, High Muge of the Lake



60
30
100
30
35


Wow... His ability rocks!! I mean Come on one cost Refrain of Denial (blues) and the if you give him a MBFlute... Wow... The possibilities are emmense!


I 5.5
U 9
D 8
O 8

Najarin, Younger



60
30
90
30
25

Deja Vu? :P Nope this is Najarin as a past creature (he IS old! O.o) His ability is a lot like his Old one, cept a little less refined.

I 4,.5
U 7.5
D 7.5
O 7

Porthyn



90
50
60
50
55

This guy can come in handy, since he has the ability to absorb damage from mugic directed at allies!


I 7.5
U 7.5
D 8
O 7.5

Slichaw



80
40
60
30
60


I like it. Him + Orth = Awesomeness! Nuff said? Cept maybe READ HIS FLAVOUR FOOL! Vlarium?


I 6.5
U 8.5
D 8.5
O 8

Somnorrt



60
30
65
45
55


*Snurk* Somnorrt xD. Ahem, moving on... This guy would well with Dalgad and he can defend most OW muges!!!


I 7
U 7.5
D 7.5
O 7.5

Unda, Servant of Water



55
35
80
45
40


Unda is one of the four servants of the elements and tribes. Unda can grant the ability of water to those who don't posses it or that have lost it.


I 5
U 8
D 8
O 7.5

Vlar



80
60
50
60
60

Vlar, why does he look familiar.. Eh, W/e. His ability is awesome, very UW like >.> But none the less awesome, Bi-mowercycle = sac gains range swift to himself and the jumps and BG steals!

I 7
U 8
D 8.5
O 8

Tis the end of the reveiw!

Kerb.

8 comments:

  1. will you do the mipedians???
    i hope they come out in australia soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw Eremia in the collection I've decided I can live without some of those Ultras.... I just NEED her! :P

    -psydude22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey kerb. I liked the review - just as I liked Mandibles. I do have one peeve with it though:P well seeing as it OW it would be hard for me to not have one lol. Nothing personal of course but I don't think iparu is that good. He can only copy your opponents creatures, it doesn't say creatures on your opponents side of the battleboard it says:
    "becomes a copy of target opposing creature"

    Whats more - i've already devised a plan so that he will not be able to become my creatures... especially my danians... i'll let you ponder the way I can do that.

    nice review again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope I'm no Fan of Iparu Either, though he does have interesting possible uses, I wouldn't ever want him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with most of the stuff here. Personally, I don't think Porthyn is that great.. Though he'd be handy to stop those roar of the mobs hitting my Makrabon.. Or Illexia if she wasn't loyal.

    And I guess Vlar is some sort of thief? Cool..

    Vlarium makes vlaric shards, Ima guessing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think vlar is maxxor's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok so basically iparu does suck as a card. But lets shift to imginary world where you could turn into any perim creature you desire iparu would have the right stuff to take over UW by owning chaor. All hed need is some good battle gear and some awsome mugics. And then make an alliance with a diffrent tribe and take over the other one by one by use of gorilla warfare. So bam think on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Illiar all the time and found a very solid defense.
    Equip him with Phobia plates and he won't be effected by 2 point attacks, challenges, and mugic does 10 less! Give him water and have at it!

    ReplyDelete